My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 sec.
If not, visit http://www.msteh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Moodz : Bye Bye Singapore

Ma last 10 days in Singapore.

Of course, I will come back again someday for visits, holidays, business etc. But its different... Feels like an end of a chapter in a book.

Spent the last 10 years here. These days, I get pretty nostalgic looking at everything around me, listening to ma friends and even smelling the warm moisted air.

The 10 years had passed me by like a breeze. Thinking back - there were so many memories kept, friendships formed, lessons learnt. So much, so much that I couldn't put them all in words.

I mean, I could but it will take ages. Hehehe. Lazy bum like me!

Still remember clearly the first day I arrived here. A blur 17 year old kiddo.

It was an adventure.

2 big bags, a bus ride and a cousin to keep me company for the first 2 weeks.

Here I was, to start a life in Singapore that lasted 10 years.

And I would say, it was a good 10 years indeed!

These last 10 days feels just like an epilogue of a good book.

Au revoir, Singapour!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will all miss you too!!!! Do come back for holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to patronise again, but, good, genuine advice : Cant come up with farewell words myself, so I took help from Billy ... (let me know if you need it translated into 'english':-)




The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail, And you are stay'd for.

There; my blessing with thee!


And these few precepts in thy memory see thou character.



Give thy thoughts no tongue, Nor any unproportioned thought his act.


Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.


Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;

But do not dull thy palm with entertainment Of each new-hatch'd, unfledged comrade.


Beware Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in, Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.


Give every man thy ear, but few thy tongue(voice;)

Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.


Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy, But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy; For the apparel oft proclaims the woman(man), And they in Europe(France) of the best rank and station Are of a most select and generous chief in that.


Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

This above all:
To thine ownself be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Farewell: my blessing season this in thee!