My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 sec.
If not, visit http://www.msteh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Eat Pray Love

Life's little pleasure are moments like this.

A quiet Sunday noon with the backdrop of endless pelting tiny raindrops. I put on the burner, dripped in the rose essence. The one which I bought since my teen years, the one that my bedroom during my growing years smell off.

I snuggled in comfortably on my white sofa, cupped with a refreshing drink (pineapple juice + lychee... which I managed to tear apart the can very carefully with a swiss knife. I need to buy a can opener!) and on the other hand a very good book - Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Its a great read! I am just at chapter 27 (there's 108 very short chapters, structured the same way as a 'buddhist beads' which is always strung with 108 beads) and I've not been able to put the book down since I started.

Its about the journey of a woman in search for the meaning of her life. Right after a very tremulous time, a divorce, a break up and bouts of depressions, she had series of encounters which prompted her to plan the journey as she had made it.

I particularly liked (up to where I am reading now) the part where she exclaimed the coincidence of the 'I's. She was ready to go on a voyage of self-discovery, therefore, Liz was on her way explore the art of pleasure in Italy, the art of devotion in India and in Indonesia, the art of balancing the two. All 3 countries begins with an I which carved the journey for Liz to find herself! Voila!

Touchingly, I could relate myself very much to the thoughts and feelings captured in this book.

Alright, I shall not tell too much. My dear readers, especially all bellas, do try to get your hands on this read.

No comments: