My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 sec.
If not, visit http://www.msteh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 05, 2007

A Belgian Dish

Mmm, another post about food. I thought I should share about this very delicious vegetable only found during winter time called WIFLOOF. Not sure if this is the spelling in english. This is what I see on the tag in the supermarket.

I've never seen wifloof before in my life till I arrive in Belgium. Do we have it in Asia? I've grown to really really like it. Winter is gonna be over soon though :(

Anyway, this was my sunday dinner, perfectly done by Mr D.

Super-long Sausage from morning market


Wifloof - soft, smooth with slight hint of bitterness


Potatoes - boiled in special recipe


He also made a big pot of witloof soup. That'll be my dinner for this entire week. Mmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm almost sure you can get witloof the entire year round in Belgium! My guinnea pigs liked it a lot! :-)

Grtz Ellen

Anonymous said...

Dear jaymy, nice that Mr. D lets experience witloof :-) I would like to see him cooking ;-) Wit loof or white leaf or in proper english chicory is typical Brussels and was orginally breed as a winter-vegetable, but nowadays you can have it the whole year around, just make sure it looks white :-)

Roddy

Ms Teh said...

Hehehe, ok, if I can get witloof all year round, I can ask Mr D to stop cooking witloof soup every weekend ;)

Next time we'll invite you over for dinner. You can choose on of the 2 themes : Asian or Belgie.