My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 sec.
If not, visit http://www.msteh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Happiness In This World

This is the gosho I picked to share in our February Discussion Meet which happened today. Many turned up. I was nervous. Lightly prepared. And thought of an easy way out.

Which did not really went well. I guess it was boring as there wasn't any interaction and just listening to my playing the podcast.

The podcast was fabulous. You should check it out - A Buddhist Podcast A duo of husband and wife recording their very own buddhist radio show. Its interesting and lots to learn from.

Well, everyone thank me for introducing them to this wonderful site.

I didn't feel as bad that things didn't go the way I planned. I can't remember when I stopped feeling bad. But its good. There's a tiny feeling tugging away, but I managed to put them off.

Though I learn from this experience. One day I want to be well verse, confident, understandable and most importantly being about to communicate my thoughts and feelings without barriers of self-conciousness, nervousness and unsureness. One day I will be able to share and teach others about this wonderful buddhism.

The one day will come.

I really wanna study the gosho in depth. Polishing my life daily. And continue chanting NMHRK no matter what.

This gosho that I shared today is a very short and concise. It contains the very essence of why we practise faith. To be happy.

We are born in this world to enjoy life. No one else can make us happy. Only by our own efforts can we become happy. In good time and in bad time, let happiness enfolds us.

Quote from a book : True happiness is not the absence of suffering, you cannot have day after day of clear skies. True happiness lies in building a self that stands dignified and indomitable like a great palace - on all days, even when its raining, snowing or stormy.

Ah, here goes the gosho :

There is no greater happiness for human beings than changing Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. The sutra says, "The people there [in my land] are happy and at ease." (2) "Happy and at ease" here means the joy derived from the Law. You are obviously included among the "people", and "there" indicates the entire world, which includes Japan. "Happy and at ease" means to know that our lives --- both our bodies and minds, ourselves and our surroundings --- are the entities of ichinen sanzen and the Buddha of absolute freedom. There is no greater happiness than having faith in the Lotus Sutra. It promises us "peace and security in this life and good circumstances in the next." (3) Never let life's hardships disturb you. After all, no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.

Just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, and when you drink sake, stay at home with your wife. Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens. Then you will experience boundless joy from the Law. Strengthen your faith more than ever.

With my deep respect,
Nichiren

The twenty-seventh day of the sixth month in the second year of Kenji (1276)
(The Major Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1 pp. 161-62)

Terrific buddhism!!! You should try it. It opens to a whole new realm of self learning and realisation. True joy that radiates from your being :)

Haha. I think my words sound overrated. Honestly, one has to try to know it.

I just know for myself, this is the best life principles to follow.
I just love it!

No comments: